Only two weeks left til my final blog and video are due and I am feeling pretty confident that I will be able to achieve my musicianship goal that I have set out for myself. My issues with the D chord were finally fully resolved as of this week… Apparently not only was I playing the chord in the wrong fret I also did not have my fingers placed properly. All I can say is wow, playing that chord sounds and feels so much better now. Of course now that I can properly play the D chord, I find myself having some issues with the G chord. I find that my fingers will sometimes lay down over the strings and make it sound funny, this is another task I will be working on for the last two weeks practicing for my final. I am very happy to say that when I now play my first song “Pumped Up Kicks” it actually sounds like the song! I have mainly focused my attention on the second song I am learning, “Blown Away”. The struggle I am having with this song is learning the strumming pattern. Everytime I play the song I wanna use the same strumming pattern from my last song and get confused switching to the new pattern. I really need to focus on learning the rhythm of the strumming and try to listen to the song being played to hear how it sounds. 

Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash

This week , we also had the university end their face-to-face classes and completely switch over to online classes. This makes it more difficult for me to get peer and teacher support learning my new song, but it has also given me so much more time to focus on learning the guitar. I have decided to set out at least a half an hour everyday to practice in order to achieve my goals. I can not wait to show my progress in my final video and blog!