Well I made it through midterm, and I am still very happy with the progress I have made so far. Do I wish I had made it further along, yes, but now I can focus on my updated musicianship plan. I have updated my plan so that I will now only be focusing on fully learning “Pumped Up Kicks” with the chords Em, G, D, and A and the strumming pattern (down, down, up, up, down). As for the second song I am learning, “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood, I have updated my plan so that I will be using the chords Em, G, D with a capo on the 5th fret instead of the chords Am, C, and G as I believe this will allow me to be more successful. The challenging part for my second song will be learning the new strumming pattern (down, down, up, down, up, down, up) and learning to change the chords quickly, as this song is faster than my first song.  After completing my midterm and filming my video, I was told by a peer that this whole time I have been playing the chord D in the wrong fret… so that was quite embarrassing. I had a feeling that there was something not right about how I was playing the chord because it did not sound good at all. 

Photo by Justin Clark on Unsplash

Since midterm, I have been practicing 2-3 times a week and making sure that I am scheduling at least an hour for each practice. I can already tell that I have improved from just last week when it comes to my chord changes. I look forward to continuing on this journey and will be back to update you soon!